In 2018, Microsoft made a big announcement of the .NET Core 3.0 that makes developers going crazy about it. The latest update has made asp net development services excited about the whole deal with the support to Window desktop application, Window Presentation Framework, XAML, UWP and Window forms.
On top of that, there is nothing to be worried about the existing Windows desktop application due to the support of .NET Core 3.0 to them. The main thing about the new addition is that it is not limited to Windows but has spread out towards desktop applications as well.
This whole setup will include the cloud features and web support that will have extra benefits for users to avail. On top of that, the compatibility of the software as compared to .NET Core 2.0 is expanded to major languages other than C#, F#,and VB. It has gone to the desktop application for the three languages giving it a platform to grow.
Porting to the .NET Core 3.0
There are a number of dot net development company that wants to port their desktop development to this upgraded technology. However, it is pretty easy to get it done with the simple steps.
1) First and foremost, it is essential to get .NET Core 3.0 installed in the system to understands in proper working. This will help in getting an idea to know how it will work. To make it easier, the systems with Visual Studio 2017 can easily install the system due to its support to it.
2) Now comes the fundamental of working solutions to get proper working space. This working space helps in getting a better update on the system with proper builds, open solutions,andruns. On top of that, there is no worry about errors or issues that might pop up.
3) The Microsoft technology associate must get the NuGet packages updated. It is usually ignored by people but is one of the major components in the market. The NuGet must be of the latest version to ensure that good practice is followed up. In addition to this, before any migration, the package must be completed with no pending updates since it will have a role in the workflow. After this, it is essential to successfully build an application. However, if there are any errors found in NuGet then it is advisable to downgrade it and then opt for the one that can work fine without affecting the code.
4) Then comes the .NET portability analyze in which the APIs calculationsare done on an application. This will give out the result to show if there are any of the missing APIs in the system. It is one of the major parts that is worked in the Microsoft app development to ensure that the support for APIs is up-to the mark.
5) Use of Package Reference in place of pakcages.config is another thing to be kept in mind for easy flow of packages. This will help in adding the NuGet package to the system.
The first thing is the creation of a new project with the same type that will be a class library, WPF, WinForms,and console. This will keep the targeting project the same as the new one to make sure that the templates are followed. Also, the external references must be copied as per the target project.
Then, comes the build that will help in delivering a projectthat will support the reference with the framework of .NET. There might be the warning from NuGet that is received by the asp net development services but it must be tackled to ensure that the latest version is followed up in the project. The support will help in upgrading system with the dependencies in the Core on APIs that might face runtime errors.
Replace the project
The fastest way for the dot net development company to follow in order to replace the target project to the latest framework is on the basis of the .csproj file. The file is copied for future use in the new project. Hence, it is essential to replace the file in the project that is created in the previous step. In addition to this, one must make sure to add <PropertyGroup>; at the top. Then, follow the application build to make sure that no error is coming across. This will make the migration process easier. However, the UI has a different method since the .NET Core WinForms Designer will be used by the designers to establish proper design.
The Microsoft technology associate understands the porting the UI can be a bit lengthy process. It requires the addition of UI Project of the .NET Core to obtain a solution to it. The templates are also followed up by the designers for the project as dotnet CLI. Then the project linking is done while deleting and adding the file with the right generic code in it. As stated above, the .csproj file is replaced. However, with the WPF application, the .xml file is also added.
The assembly name and namespace are linked up as per the designers demand to ensure that work is done in a better format. Also, the files are generated as per the name with .NET Core versions that work on the basis of assembly name and namespace. The copy of both is made. Then the AssemblyInfo.cs generation is disabled to get new-style. Aduplicate of this file is made while avoiding MatchingGame.core string.
These are the major porting steps that are followed by the Microsoft app development to ensure that work is done in a flow of .NET Core and its framework. Just make sure to update the project and its file on time before porting it to the latest version. It will make the steps simple and ensure that work is done with accuracy before the project is released with Core 3.0.